Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Real Relationship pt2

John 15 The Vine and the Branches story is my absolute favorite passage in the Bible. I could, need to, and should read it every single day! Francis Chan stopped in the middle of the chapter about having a Real Relationship and asked us to read John 14-16. Its such a powerful section... If i was really good at typing I would type it all out for you-especially chapter 15.. but maybe you can find a moment to go read it on your own and be blessed because of it.

"if you have received by faith the promise of the Holy Spirit, you are also His temple. As you drive your children to school. As you go to work every day. As you embark on a new, unknown season. As you go to school. As you face tragedy and pain. As you buy groceries. As you give of yourself in relationships. As you walk the dog. As you make decisions. As you live your life, the Holy Spirit is dwelling in you."

"Christ redeemed us from the curse we were under so that we could receive the promise of the Holy Spirit. The 'promised Spirit' is not a small promise. Jesus suffered a grueling death so that I could have the amazing gift of the Holy Spirit. How dare I take this for granted?"
"its not about having an impersonal guardian who looks over you. Its about having a parent, the best parent there ever was or will be."
"The Spirit speaks to our hearts, such as 'there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus'(Romans 8:1) and 'nothing will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus'(Romans 8:39) and "He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins'(1 John 1:9) These are verses we could probably spout off, but often we need reminding of the power and veracity of them. And one of the Holy Spirit's roles is to do this reminding."
"You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:13-14
"Ask the Holy Spirit to enable you to set everything else aside right now so that you can seek Him wholeheartedly. Tell God that you want intimacy with Him, no matter what, even if it necessitates suffering on your part. When this relationship with Him is as it should be, there is nothing more satisfying or meaningful"

I love the last comment about how there is nothing more satisfying then closeness with the Lord. I desire that so much! I want to walk through the day with Him and obey every prompting by the Spirit to love on others or share Him in some way... Its frustrating that at the end of the day I look back and about 10 minutes after I read my bible and a section of this book I got completely distracted and I have a hard time returning throughout the day. Im looking forward to the Fall and Aydin being in school part of the week and maybe just maybe I will have uninterrupted time with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment