Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sarah

So Ive finished going through Forgotten God and Im really looking forward to starting Crazy Love on Wednesday nights with our small group... Francis Chan blows my mind!
I got some new bookcases and am putting my old ones in a garage sell this weekend-come take a look if your interested =) I realized I have a ton of books!! a lot of which I have not gone through or didn't go through entirely... One that caught my eye is Women of the Bible by Ann Spangler and Jean E. Syswerda... Its pretty interesting to read and learn in depth about each woman and so Ive kind of started reading it during my quiet time with the Lord.
Today's couldn't have been any more perfect for me and where Im at. I actually cant believe Im about to type what Im about to type... some of you might know already- that Chris and I have been 'trying' (trying as in not preventing) to get pregnant again for coming up on a year now. I don't talk about it because I dont want people asking me 'are you pregnant yet' or trying to give me advice on 'how' to make it happen.. Ive wrestled with God and I know He has a plan for us and whatever it is I whole heartedly trust Him that it is perfect.

Today's section was over Sarah and Genesis 17:1-22
"But it is heartening to realize that God accomplishes His purposes despite our frailties, our little faith, our entrenched self-reliance"
"How hard it was for Sarah (and is for us as well) to remember God's promises and to wait for Him to fulfill them. God's promises are revealed and fulfilled in His timing, which is often on a calendar different from our own."
"Waiting patiently for God to work may be one of the most difficult experiences of our Christian walk. We live in an age of the immediate. We think waiting, and doing so quietly, is somehow less worthy, perhaps even a bit lazy. Were great 'do-it-yourselfers' and we often get in God's way when we take things into our own hands"
"Whatever the circumstances, God's timing is the best timing. When your tempted to step in and make things happen on your own, think of Sarah. Her attempts to fulfill God's promise of a son through her servant Hagar had disastrous results. REMEMBER THAT GOD HAS HIS OWN TIMETABLE, AND REST IN THE ASSURANCE THAT HE LOVES YOU AND WILL FULFILL HIS PROMISES TO YOU."

Promises in Scripture:
Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I put my hope. Psalm 130:5

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you, He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are who wait for Him. Isaiah 30:18

But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me. Micah 7:7

"Father, thank you for loving me despite the fact that my soul still contains shadows and sometimes block the light of your Spirit. As I grow older, may I trust you more completely for the dreams you've implanted in my soul, the promises you've made to me. Like Sarah, may I be surrounded by laughter at the wonderful way you accomplish your purpose despite my wickedness."

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I would get really discouraged about not being pregnant I would ALWAYS think of Sara! Never give up on your hope. Praying for you and many other of my friends who are waiting. Have you heard the song Waiting Room by Jonny Diaz? I listened to it OFTEN. :)

    ReplyDelete