Friday, September 17, 2010

Crazy Love of Christ

Crazy Love is such an easy read.. Ive already read 2 chapters since my last post and that's with me taking it slow and meditating on it during my quiet time with the Lord.
so this might be another long post- but I hope you keep reading and if you have already read the book-its still so important to re-read key points that he makes and really meditate on them! that's one reason why I'm thankful for this little blog- typing out my underlined points has been so helpful in remembering what I have read and trying to apply it.

The last of chapter 2 is entitled 'Thank God we are weak'
"If life were stable, I'd never need God's help. Since its not, I reach out to Him regularly. I am thankful for the unknowns and that I don't have control, because it makes me run to God."
"You never know when God is going to take your life. At that moment, theres nothing you can do about it. Are you ready?
"You could be the next person in your family to die, I could be the next person at my church to die. We have to realize it. We have to believe it enough that it changes how we live."

"Friends, we need to stop living selfish lives, forgetful of our God. Our lives here are short, often unexpectedly so, and we can all stand to be reminded of it from time to time. That's why I wrote this chapter, to help us remember that in the movie of life, nothing matters except our King and God. Don't let yourself forget. Soak it in and keep remembering that is is true. He is everything."

Chapter 3- Crazy Love
Just so you realize if you arnt reading the book- I skip a lot of the book... stories he tells that are really powerful are just way too much to type and I'm not good with getting points across... so if you haven't been intrigued yet-hopefully you will soon and go get the book for yourself! =)

"Over time I realized that when we love God, we naturally run to Him-frequently and zealously. Jesus didn't command that we have a regular time with Him each day. Rather, He tells us to 'love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' Matthew 22:37-28
"The results are intimate prayer and study of His word. Our motivation changes from guilt to love.
"After reading Jeremiah 1, I meditated on it for the next four days. It spoke of God's intimate knowledge of me. I had always acknowledged His complete sovereignty over me, but verses 4 and 5 took it to another level 'The word of the Lord came to me saying, 'before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born i set you apart."
"take some time to really think about it God knew you and me before we existed."
"Ephesians 2:10 tells us that we were created 'to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

"My existence was not random, nor was it an accident. God knew who He was creating, and He designed me for a specific work."
"When Jeremiah voices his hesitation and fear, God- the God of the galaxies-reaches out and touches his mouth. Its a gentle and affectionate gesture, something a loving parent would do. Through this illustration I realized that I don't have to worry about not meeting His expectations. God will ensure my success in accordance with His plan, not mine."
"This is the God we serve, the God who knew us before He made us. The God who promises to remain with us and rescue us. The God who loves us and longs for us to love Him back.

"Gods mercy is free, yet costly, gift. It cannot be earned. Our righteous acts, just like menstrual garments, certainly don't help us deserve it. The wages of sin is death. But because of God's mercy, sin is paid for through the death of Jesus Christ, instead of the death of you and me."

No comments:

Post a Comment