Monday, August 30, 2010

needy

Ive been out of town a lot this last month or so and yesterday morning we were finally at our church together as a family after missing a couple weeks in a row....It was sooo good to be worshiping together with other believer's!!! Even though I read almost every morning and listen to praise music-its just not the same!
The Holy Spirit spoke to me and refreshed me and Im just so thankful for a place to worship together on a regular basis.
We sang this song... not sure on the title or the exact words but what really rang out to me was "You are stronger, You are stronger, Satan is vanquished, You are risen! ....You are Lord of All..." (like I said not sure on the exact song or words but something like that)
I couldnt help but cry as I sang those powerful words proclaiming Christ being stronger than all and Lord over everything.. I need those words ringing in my head all day every day- Christ's strength over the sin and troubles in my life!!

The last few days Ive been opening my bible to John 15-16. John 15 about the Vine and the Branches is my all time favorite passage in scripture... I could read it every day and be encouraged and challenged each and every time. If your not familiar with it you should go read it... its all about remaining close to Christ and how apart from Him we can do nothing. Every time I neglect to spend time with Him for a long time period-Im always drawn back to this passage. Im just so thankful that Hes finally brought me to a place in my life where its 'easy' for me to spend time with Him. I can recall numerous times throughout my life where I struggled to find a good time to set apart to be spending time reading and praying... Not a morning person- so waking up early never seemed to be successful (snooze button was way too easy) and stopping in the middle of the day was hard for me to focus, before bed I was too sleepy and would fall asleep in the middle of it.. excuses, excuses..... Now.. I wake up when Aydin gets up... fix him up with drink and food, make me some coffee and we go outside to play and I sit there and read... its not the most uninterrupted time but I sit there till Im done before I start working and running around. Preschool is about to start and Im praying this schedule of ours still works well.... and Im not rushing to get us ready for school.

1 comment:

  1. The song "Stronger" spoke to me as well - what a great time of worship of our mighty God.

    ReplyDelete