Thursday, August 26, 2010

Routine

Good morning blog- please forgive me for my inability to write well and write often. =)

Some of you might know that I was in New York and New Jersey this past weekend.... I honestly missed my routine... as lame and as boring as it is... I missed being home, waking up to Aydin telling me to wake up =), drinking my coffee outside (with peppermint mocha creamer) and reading the bible and/or study book, sitting at the computer and returning emails, editing pics, getting work done and running errands with Aydin... missed it very much!

New York was great and it was neat to see but Im definitely not a city girl... I love spending the evenings at home on the couch watching a movie with my hubby or hanging out outside on nice evenings... thats my kind of enjoyable... boring I know- but thats ok!

Tuesday was the first morning waking up in my bed for me and I busied myself and didn't sit down to spend time with the Lord.. and I knew if I don't do it first thing in the morning... it wont happen. I say ok I will read when Aydin lays down for a nap... not so much.. by then Im completely wrapped up in my work and checking facebook =)

Yesterday morning I did spend some time with the Lord reading Psalm 119 and I was going to write on here about it but when I sat down at the computer I didn't go directly to the blog I checked mail, facebook, and started orders... If i don't do something like this first thing in the morning or right when I feel the need to do it- it wont happen!

Listening to the Holy Spirit is the same way- when I hear His promptings I must right then say that I will do it if its something that will come later or right then and there do it or make preparations to do it.... We were at Carmines in NYC and if you arnt familiar with them- they serve family size portions... (didn't know that going in) Lauren and I split a Lasagna and of course there was a huge piece left over... the HS gave me the idea to take it with us and give it away to someone who needed it... so Im walking around the Times Square area carrying a to go sack with food looking for a homeless person who would be blessed to have this amazingly good food... funny thing- there wasn't anyone around!!!! I guess they have to have permits in order to sit on the street and ask for money- kind of nice but I was actually wanting to bless one! We finally saw one that had a permit and asked for money so I gave him the food- hope he enjoyed it!

Yesterday I was reading in Psalm 119... love this chapter! it always puts a desire within me to want to draw near and read His word.
"How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stay from your commands. I have hidden Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against You." Psalm 119:9-11

oh how I need my routine and how frustrating it is when I don't follow it and therefore neglect to spend time with the lover of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment